Tuesday 15 February 2011

Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes

Cherry-Vanilla Cupcakes
 
These cuppies really have the wow factor. So yummy!

I made these for a friend and volunteer at work, the batch made 22 so everyone at work got one and she got to take two home, one for her and one for her hubby. His description of them was "sexual" lol.

Easy enough to make, these cupcakes are a light, moist vanilla sponge filled with a rich cherry filling. Similar I suppose to a cherry pie filling, but homemade with fresh cherries. Standing pitting the cherries was a little time consuming. The cupcakes are frosted with a smooth vanilla bean buttercream infused with some of the maraschino cherry syrup from the jar. Finished with a whole maraschino cherry. I would have loved to have had the cherriest with their stalks still on, that would have looked amazing, but its very difficult to get them in the UK. Cutting the cones out of the sponge to fill with the cherry filling was a bit of a pain so I'll definitely have to invest in one of those fancy filling injector nozzles for piping filling directly into the cupcakes.




Very messy work, but all will be covered with frosting. No one would ever know!


These cupcakes travel well, they aren't too top heavy thanks to the cherry filling so they wont topple in transit. They are also incredibly moist and stay fresh for a long time. I found one squirreled away in a cupboard in work 3 days later and took no time scoffing it before anyone could stop me! Still as fresh as the day it was made. Yummy.

3 comments:

  1. They look so sweet with the cherry on top! In fact, they sort of remind me of vintage little cupcakes - I could see them being sold in a 1960's milk bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I need one of these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, they were rather good ;-)

    ReplyDelete