Wednesday 2 February 2011

Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes





These are the YUMMIEST cupcakes I have ever made.

Moist, cinnamon-y, light and fluffy. And they stayed fresh for days! Hands down the nicest batter recipe I have.

These cupcakes are made with a light vanilla sponge, injected with as much apple butter as I could squeeze in, frosted with a mildly flavoured cinnamon buttercream and finished with a generous cinnamon dusting.

For anyone who has not yet tried apple butter, it doesn't actually contain any butter. Its simply a smooth sweet apple puree flavoured with cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg. Cinnamon and clove being the predominant flavours. It can be used in cupcakes and desserts or just simply spread on toast like the Americans do, hence it's name, apple butter, as it takes the place of butter on hot toast. mmmmm......

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous - one of my favourite flavour combos and beautifully presented. I could happily tuck in right now!

    ReplyDelete